To good luck

We got a call from the hospital at 7:30 am which made us a
little reluctant to answer it. But it turned out to be good
news. I was informed that Dad was being moved from the east
campus of the hospital, which is more a trauma center, to the
west campus geared toward rehab.

When we got his room he was alert and more talkative than he
has been in years. He still can’t use his right arm yet would
accept no help eating with his left. He even managed to eat a
salad using a spoon.

Since there were others wanting to spend time with him and a
limit on the number of people allowed in the room we said our
goodbyes and told him we’d see him in the morning. On the way
out to the car the wife needed a pit stop and as I waited in
hall our family doctor came walking up.

I’ve been having a few issues and meaning to make an
appointment so after a short chat Doc said he’d have his staff
call later to set it up. I really dislike the tests he orders
at times like these but realize putting them off isn’t the
answer either.

You may wonder why I consider this good luck. Because Dad is
getting the best care he could get in our area and still with
us, I actually have a doctors appointment in the works and
it hasn’t been 10 years since the last one. The icing on the
cake is the fact that the drama was almost non-existent today.

We even stopped at our favorite Mexican cantina on the way
home for burritos and enchiladas, then I finally got some
sleep. At some point I’ll get the posts in earlier and things
will get back to a semblance of normal.

Enjoy your Thursday.
Comments are always welcome.


4 Responses to To good luck

  1. Mamabear says:

    Sounds like an excellent day for you. WTG on getting that doc appt~at our age we can’t put things off like we used to. HAGD

  2. cruisin2 says:

    thank you. I’ve been putting off too long anyway.

  3. lincolnlifesite says:

    Reblogged this on Lincoln Life Blog.

  4. cruisin2 says:

    thank you for the reblog.

%d bloggers like this: