They’re going to what?

Just when we thought the fiasco with the Big 3 couldn’t get any stranger, it does. We’re not sure what this sale means, but it can’t be good news when GM starts auctioning off its collection of collector cars.

There’s a story in Old Cars Weekly
magazine about a sale. It seems GM is going to sell 50+ cars from its Heritage Museum
Collection. The cars will be sold in Scottsdale, Arizona at the Barrett-Jackson auction January 13-18.

Some of the cars to go are on the auction block are a 1918 Cadillac, a 1925 Chevrolet
House Car, a 1904 Olds Touring Runabout, a 1916 GMC Stake Truck, a series of rare Corvettes,
and several others. The claim is that the rarest of vehicles will stay in the museum.

So if we’re snowed in this January, this would be the auction to watch. We always try to
watch as much of the auction as possible. The television coverage on Speedvision, or
whatever they’re calling it now is extensive. As the auction gets closer we’re sure there
will be more vehicles added to the list. We’ll try to keep everyone posted.

Comments are always welcome.

Advertisements

4 Responses to They’re going to what?

  1. thescoundrel says:

    The big three are screwed no matter what they do. I will be surprised if more than one makes it out of this current crisis. Not only do they have the financial crunch they are facing a time when they need to make a commitment to building alternative fuel operational vehicles. If they invest too much money on the wrong alternative fuel design – they are still left out in the cola.

  2. cruisin2 says:

    scoundrel,
    Can’t argue with your thinking. What I think is killing them is all the government restrictions, and the big push for the hybrids. The technology hasn’t caught up with government thinking yet. Why couldn’t they take the tougher CAFE standards away, and give them 10 years to perfect the alternative fuel vehicles. It’s been proven that all transportation combined is only responsible for 20% of greenhouse gas emissions; so why are the automakers the bad guys? Why not go after the other 80% of offenders while the automakers brainstorm on alternative vehicles?

  3. Nitrous55 says:

    Off topic, but has anyone heard about the idea of having a city income tax for Iowa? We would have federal, state, and city income tax returns to fill out with “some” reduction in property taxes.

  4. cruisin2 says:

    Nitrous55,
    I’ve heaerd rumors. It sounds fishy to me. Just a way to get more money out of us.

%d bloggers like this: